drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Ableton Live » square one with ableton live
Go to the bottom of this page square one with ableton live
Author

Registration Date: 10-03-2007

i was wondering if there's some free DnB samples or anything for Ableton Live so that I could get a feel for the structure of your basic DnB song.
10-03-2007 08:29
gls
Steppa

Registration Date: 10-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.75

quote:
Originally posted by cosmic_joker
i was wondering if there's some free DnB samples or anything for Ableton Live so that I could get a feel for the structure of your basic DnB song.

Just find a dnb tune you like, load it into ableton and copy the structure.
10-03-2007 12:43
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

quote:
Originally posted by gls
quote:

Confused

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
10-03-2007 14:28 Homepage of Muad'Dib
gls
Steppa

Registration Date: 10-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.75

quote:
Originally posted by Muad'Dib
quote:
Originally posted by gls
quote:

Confused

What's confusing about that? I took it by structure that he meant the arrangement, that's what the word structure means after all; the way in which the parts of a thing are arranged or organized. So what better way is there to find out the structure of a song than to listen to some and copy them?

Or if he just wants the typical dnb paint by numbers structure he should do a 32 bar intro followed by a 16 bar break, a 64 bar drop, a 16 bar middle section, the final 64 bar drop and a 48 bar outro. Roll Eyes
10-03-2007 17:53
demolitionkid demolitionkid is a male
where's demo?

images/avatars/avatar-2248.jpg

Registration Date: 08-11-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

i would check the samples here out for starters.the are always a great source of inspiration.the surora breaks are the shizzle my nizzle.snoop around the foru8m and keep you eyes peelt for clues to samples.there everywhere bro get to digging like the rest of use.welcome to the .be
22-03-2007 05:43 Homepage of demolitionkid
where's demo?

Helpfulness rating: 

also if you need help the ableton website is a great place for tutorials.
22-03-2007 05:44 Homepage of demolitionkid
Arkitekt Arkitekt is a male
Brain Fried Amen Bastard

Registration Date: 13-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
11 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.82

dont eve need the website.. the great thing about ableton is the tutorials are built in.. mmhmm yes they are.. although it escapes me how to get to em right now. Smile

also for samples the mighty

dnbwiki.com has a free samples page with dare i say it... millions of samples to d/l for FREE Smile go forth and conquer young son! Smile Drummer

__
VIRB

DARKLAND144
DARKLAND115
24-03-2007 11:54 Homepage of Arkitekt
where's demo?

Helpfulness rating: 

there you go it doesnt get any better than that.....enjoy!! i know i still dig threw the wiki and find new stuff,excellent resource !!
27-03-2007 16:25 Homepage of demolitionkid
where's demo?

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Arkitekt
dont eve need the website.. the great thing about ableton is the tutorials are built in.. mmhmm yes they are.. although it escapes me how to get to em right now. Smile

Drummer

well there are reg tutorials in ableton that show you pretty much everything in the HELP section.the ones im refering to are video tutorials at the website.
27-03-2007 16:27 Homepage of demolitionkid
Arkitekt Arkitekt is a male
Brain Fried Amen Bastard

Registration Date: 13-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
11 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.82

quote:
Originally posted by demolitionkid
quote:

Drummer

well there are reg tutorials in ableton that show you pretty much everything in the HELP section.the ones im refering to are video tutorials at the website.

true videos are great.. but i prefer the built in ones.. cause it tells you what to do.. i need a more "do this click this... see how it does that?" hands on approach... idk.. maybe its just me.. Smile learning through doing instead of watching..

__
VIRB

DARKLAND144
DARKLAND115
31-03-2007 12:11 Homepage of Arkitekt
where's demo?

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
i need a more "do this click this... see how it does that?" hands on approach... idk.. maybe its just me.. Smile learning through doing instead of watching..

that was the whole point of the tutorial vid files.i like being able to find very specific methods to use in ableton.yeah the ONE BIG PDF TUTORIAL is great but if you have read some of it you know it doesnt go into the detail like it should.have you even been in the tutorial section?all it is is technical info;the bare info they could give away and call it "help".i dont know about you but i hate reading ONE HUGE NEVER ENDING PAGE.
31-03-2007 15:24 Homepage of demolitionkid
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Ableton Live » square one with ableton live