drumnbass.be forum
Register Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Nosrac - MURDEROUS RAMPAGE » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Receive email on new post
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Nosrac - MURDEROUS RAMPAGE 6 Votes - Average Rating: 9.336 Votes - Average Rating: 9.336 Votes - Average Rating: 9.336 Votes - Average Rating: 9.33
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Nosrac Nosrac is a male
Bag of Hammers

images/avatars/avatar-837.jpg

Registration Date: 15-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
17 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.76

Nosrac - MURDEROUS RAMPAGE Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Please check out my new track 'MURDEROUS RAMPAGE' and post your comments here!!!

Been working on this for 2 weeks - spent first half of the time remaking the amen from original winston's, using the Heizenbox granulizer (thanks for the tip Techdiff) on these loops and reggae vocals and recording the results, resampling old stuff and reworking virus c sounds made with Equipped. Listening to lots of Spor lately - love the edits, but I still prefer the organic sound of Evol Intent. The intro and outro were made as an attempt at a dubstep track that I split and used here - a bit long I know. Also, very broken structure after the first drop which is the only part of this track in 4/4 timing. The female singer is a student of mine that recorded a song in our school's songwriters club.

__
Tunes pictures and info: Myspace Page
MP3's: Acid Planet Page
08-02-2006 08:31 Send an Email to Nosrac Homepage of Nosrac Search for Posts by Nosrac Add Nosrac to your Buddy List
exhumed exhumed is a male
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1506.jpg

Registration Date: 08-02-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 1.00

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i really enjoyed the song. unpredictable. i love that about it.
all in all i cant really complain about anything. it is what it is, and rather then judging it upon what i would do, i appreciate it for what you did.
great work..

__
Long Beach City Drum N Bass {(( LBC DNB ))} motha fuckin' get some!

www.myspace.com/djcasket
08-02-2006 09:41 Send an Email to exhumed Homepage of exhumed Search for Posts by exhumed Add exhumed to your Buddy List
GoogleGoogle is female
Ad Producer

lots of money

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator Go to the top of this page

06-06-2006 06:66 Search for Posts by Google Add Google to your Buddy List Send a Private Message to Google
CONCEPT
unregistered
Angry RE: Nosrac - MURDEROUS RAMPAGE Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

love intro, really eeeery. like the way u bring in the beatz
they sound gritty, the bass is spot on for me,not sure about
the female vocals but i think the other voc/samples are great
bad boy track nosrac 9/10 Bigup

Rinse Rinse
08-02-2006 11:31
TechDiff
Hetty Jakes Pretentious Cheese Wog

images/avatars/avatar-2012.jpg

Registration Date: 14-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.69

RE: Nosrac - MURDEROUS RAMPAGE Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Alright chap. Been looking forwads to this one. See how you got on with the grains. To be honest, Ive never actual used the heizenbox, but when I saw it on the net it seamed to do everything the Reaktor ones do.

Anyway, nice moody intro, lots of dark noises and some really random vocal sounds, nice things going on in here. Intro is possibly a bit long, but builds up nicely and drops really well. The bass I think could do with a little more dirt but thats a taste thing. Nice edits and nicely done on not going over the top with the heizenbox, its all too easy to get carried away with a new toy but youve definately restrained yourself which is a good thing. The timing in a couple places is pretty weird, I'm not sure if thats the intention or not, but it takes a bit of getting used to! I quite like the vocal chunk, but it sounds a little like its just been thrown in for the hell of it, maybe you should find some way of bringing it in and out so that it remains more cosistant with everything else. I love that drum fill at 3:21. Really nice pitching going on there. Thats one thing I really like about your tunes is the tom fills. Give it a bit of rock sound.
Nice switch into the next section with a couple of really slick fills and pleanty of granulized stuff. Like the screams too. Theres a few high synth notes which I think sound a bit week. But everything else sounds good. Lol, that cat sample is great, where did you get that from? Again the vocals sound a little out of place. I think you could make them work but right now they sound somewhat outta sync with everything else.
Nice half time section, I guess this is the ending. Random funk chunk at the end, rounds it of nicely though.

Overall I really like this tune. The sounds are nice and the production is really clean, loads of cool fills and stuff too.
My main critisism would be the structure, I never really felt like this was going any place, and aside from a few changes here and there, this felt like 7 mins of the same ideas interspersed with fills. Its cool but I prefer very different sections in tunes. Also I think you should find a way of blending those vocals in because they stand out a lot at the moment, she's got a good voice though.
Definately a stormer though, and my critisisms are only personal ones. The only thing with doing this kinda stuff, is that theres a good chance that the DnB heads might not like it because its too skatty, and the Breakcore/IDM heads wont like it cause its too DnB. Ah well what can you do? I loved it anyway!
08-02-2006 13:35 Send an Email to TechDiff Search for Posts by TechDiff Add TechDiff to your Buddy List
equipped equipped is a male
tired

images/avatars/avatar-2339.jpg

Registration Date: 20-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
22 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.23

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

gonna slap a review after work,..can't be late today but dam man!!!!!!!!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked ,...the shit's soundin huuuuuge!!!!!!!!! Listen

__
Space
08-02-2006 13:43 Search for Posts by equipped Add equipped to your Buddy List
madness
Tourist

Registration Date: 06-10-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

First impressions on the intro = wow! Theres a good variety of different sounds using different frequencies which makes it sound very full. I've never really heard a build up like that before. It definitely is unpredictable but that adds to the excitement of whats coming up next! Right onto the actual beat... The hats are slightly too boosted in the high range frequencies. Bring them down a tad cos its over riding the other elements in the track. General mix down though is pretty good Smile Those vocals are sweet as aswell! All the little fills sound pretty sick man! Loving the beat overall though well done Tongue

__
-Madne$$-
08-02-2006 14:01 Send an Email to madness Search for Posts by madness Add madness to your Buddy List
Glim Glim is a male
Stuck In The Late Nineties

Registration Date: 16-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
12 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.17

RE: Nosrac - MURDEROUS RAMPAGE Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

luvin the intro.
really soundin dark, epic feel to it and there aint any beatz yet

cool
levels are great,aaww grimey sounds flowin real well.fuck man those kicks are heavy.

its def the rythm that drives this track, an odd one at times heavy steppy feel,
hard to get into the flow but theres so much in here tons to keep me interested

the drum fills are purly top notch infact the eq of everything is superb

cant find any faults with this beast

some great edits,i know you have the potentail to take this tune into other places and i love the fact how it doesnt really have a driving melody but its alwayz fresh

great stuff nosrac

thanks!!!

__
My Sounds
08-02-2006 14:22 Search for Posts by Glim Add Glim to your Buddy List
equipped equipped is a male
tired

images/avatars/avatar-2339.jpg

Registration Date: 20-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
22 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.23

Thumb Up! Mighty Murderous Rampage!!!!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by equipped
gonna slap a review after work,..can't be late today but dam man!!!!!!!!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked ,...the shit's soundin huuuuuge!!!!!!!!! Listen
Listen ---->right then son,...you gone n out done yourself,...->"Murderous Rampage" be absolute 100% Nosrac beef!,... Shocked ,....Heavy ass amen's slappin all over!!,...dam that cat sample's a right fuckin sample!,...awe dam man, Drummer -->.. that little dub step treat->6:53,.. is fuckin brilliant,..well done! Spliff ,..where'd you get your synth n wobble,,.couldn't be the virus?....i love that shit man,...mighty Dub Step!,.. Rinse ,...this whole track sound's allot warmer than previous track's,..and you've got shit's load's of variation with synth's, soundz, samples,. bass. ect. ect.,..this is a fuckin solid track man...load's of grit too,..im fuckin fully impressed son,...the shit be fully loaded!,..and i can totally feel what you were shootin for with them student vocal's,....slighty dirty off note's,..as allready said they kinda stick out at the moment but that's it,..just blend em a bit,..the idea and overall effect is spot on,..just a bit of blendin needed,...lol,.. that cat sound's like a right fuckin menace Devil ,...fuck, this shits huge Nosrac,...load's a fresh experamentation goin down,...you should be proud,..your overall sound is really comin allong,..and everything level wise sounded fuckin solid on my end,...cheer's phat man,..->"MURDEROUS RAMPAGE" is a fuckin beast n a half! Drummer

__
Space
09-02-2006 08:24 Search for Posts by equipped Add equipped to your Buddy List
Skull Smasher Skull Smasher is a male
Tourist

images/avatars/avatar-1442.gif

Registration Date: 13-01-2006

Helpfulness rating: 

Very impressive! I'd like to have the drums a bit more up front though Wink
09-02-2006 10:22 Send an Email to Skull Smasher Search for Posts by Skull Smasher Add Skull Smasher to your Buddy List
Nick ZZ Nick ZZ is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-2152.jpg

Registration Date: 29-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
7 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.14

Nice dark intro, like the deep bass tons!!! The vocals fit very well. Reverb is nice with the right amount. Drumz are very full and active!!! Like that nasty synth! There is no LIGHT! Nice samples and placement! Lots of variation! The screams are nice as well! Those drum rolls are very hot! You just created the un-thinkable!! 10/10
Nice work! Z

__
Nick & Erina Z
http://www.beatbiz.net/artist.php?USERID=493

09-02-2006 12:46 Send an Email to Nick ZZ Homepage of Nick ZZ Search for Posts by Nick ZZ Add Nick ZZ to your Buddy List
Greyone Greyone is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3078.jpg

Registration Date: 01-04-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
20 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.10

wow lovely ambi Shocked , very dark.
not a big fan of the reverse vocal.
other volcal stuff are splendit.
some bass clicks here n there , but for the rest its top notch.
Basskicks + bass gives a low end problem on my speakers.
exept that , you totally come out for originallity Bigup , nice structure of track /drums /sampleplacing.
tons of little efects n vocals n samples make this one hughe Shocked Bigup
nice breakdown too
2nd is even better that first one , lovely experimental originallity you put in.
and you still keep it interesting ... man man , this is good.
i just miss a hard snare sometimes.
Wink verry good stuff 9.5/10
09-02-2006 15:27 Send an Email to Greyone Search for Posts by Greyone Add Greyone to your Buddy List
GoogleGoogle is female
Ad Producer

lots of money

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator Go to the top of this page

06-06-2006 06:66 Search for Posts by Google Add Google to your Buddy List Send a Private Message to Google
PassDa J. PassDa J. is a male
Sliced Slasher

images/avatars/avatar-1378.jpg

Registration Date: 16-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
12 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.17

Really nice stuff Nosrac ... much better than the previous one, remember Pleased

The intro is immense and very detailed, like the background noizes and granuilized vocals ... that "machine" sample is pretty dark there in the back ...

The build-up is nice allthough the 1st drop is less powerfull then I expected ... if you look at the evil intro and compare it ... allthough the drums are nice ...

Wow, there's allot of change inhere m8, a new vocal here and there, allthough that female voice is a lil' to much, maybe throw some distortion on that bitch ... ragga vocal is nice, bit louder would do it better ... and that scream here and there is awesome ...

Nice changes in the drums man, goin' nicely together with the other samples ... keeps my attention on it ... lots of rave samples to huh? ...

Nice work, a real banger 9/10 Bigup

__

09-02-2006 16:29 Send an Email to PassDa J. Search for Posts by PassDa J. Add PassDa J. to your Buddy List
@1$-)
unregistered

mental. in a good way. Drummer
09-02-2006 16:38
Sensa Sensa is a male
Wicked Producer

Registration Date: 14-01-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.50

in the mood im innn its jus what i need, hard n angry. I aint usually into this sub genre of dnb but i loved this track, the intro creates a dark n gritty vibe. Filters on the drums work really well alongside those abstract vocs fuckin excellent stuff. Like i say not my style but i enjoyed it alot Pleased

__
Re:Voltage Recordings
www.revoltagerecordings.com
+44 (0) 7904966436
Email: sensa@revoltagerecordings.com
MSN: sensa@revoltagerecordings.com
09-02-2006 23:58 Send an Email to Sensa Homepage of Sensa Search for Posts by Sensa Add Sensa to your Buddy List
Dj Kemix Dj Kemix is a male
Global Audio Recordings

images/avatars/avatar-1427.jpg

Registration Date: 12-08-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 4.25

Sick twisted grime....
Drumz are amazing....
Tom Fills Are Punchie Dude!
This Tune Is A Ride Through Your
Imagination....

That means Your Crazy Bro!!!
In A Mad Scientist kinda Way....

Mad ups Kiddo!!
Mad Ups....................

~Kem-dawg!

__
http://www.myspace.com/kemikalmedia

10-02-2006 00:29 Send an Email to Dj Kemix Homepage of Dj Kemix Search for Posts by Dj Kemix Add Dj Kemix to your Buddy List
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

mental!

the industrial wasteland intro is spot on, with a wicked build to the drop

drops: a bit dissapointed by the drums, in particular the snare could smack harder.

love the synth action here. totally unconventional. I thought that the start-stop sequence of drums would tire me but those tom fills make em perfect

Huh what bizzare usage of such vocals caught me off guard. well done!!!

TechDiff's got a point. don't know whit what you could mix this one. do NOT (and I'm sure you won't )consider that as a bad thing. It's actually a huge bonus

amazing stuff

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
10-02-2006 18:18 Send an Email to cynik Homepage of cynik Search for Posts by cynik Add cynik to your Buddy List
camo camo is a male
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-2157.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 

Yo Nosrac!

intro: cool fx n atmosphere, like it! nice vox, very dark. ragga vox also fits in...somehowWink 1:08: now it gets interesting..uiuiui.cool...wicked...mmmm

drop: is very cool. got a good groove. not really my style but very interesting!!! 2:48: dont like the reece. take another sound i recommend. breaks are supercool!!!!! toms are wicked. some times the drums are strange, but thats what its all about.

like the 2nd build up.

4:30:cool

outro: hehe. make me smile...thats goodWink

overall: wicked tune man!! the vocals and the breals give it the special something!!!!! lots of nice fx!

__
keepin it rollin`

www.myspace.com/camopdj
10-02-2006 21:42 Send an Email to camo Search for Posts by camo Add camo to your Buddy List
psychcotiklaus psychcotiklaus is a male
Tourist

images/avatars/avatar-1429.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2006

Rate Member

Love this! its dark moody It doesn't let up to be floor friendly, it stands like the product of incestual rape, messed up and proud of it!

__
I have a mental illness yet I do not suffer
My psychcosis protects me from the world
In my mind anything is possible
11-02-2006 15:13 Send an Email to psychcotiklaus Homepage of psychcotiklaus Search for Posts by psychcotiklaus Add psychcotiklaus to your Buddy List
Nosrac Nosrac is a male
Bag of Hammers

images/avatars/avatar-837.jpg

Registration Date: 15-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
17 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.76

Thanks for all the reviews. Bigup I finally got a chance to review a dozen or tracks today to return the favour - tons of great music going on here - make sure you donate to keep the site alive

Ya, I'd love to spend another two weeks on this track making a completely different second half instead of just adding a new sound layer, a few beat reece hits and a few new edits as it stands now - adding some melodic elements to fill in the upper mid frequencies and perhaps making that first drop as heavier - but its ski season and the team I coach is busy training and competeing (both guys and girls won regional championships two days ago and they're going on to Provincial finals in two weeks) - but perhaps, some time after that I may come back to this one. Thanks again - your reviews were very helpful. Happy

__
Tunes pictures and info: Myspace Page
MP3's: Acid Planet Page
12-02-2006 01:34 Send an Email to Nosrac Homepage of Nosrac Search for Posts by Nosrac Add Nosrac to your Buddy List
thefunke1
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-634.jpg

Registration Date: 09-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 5.67

Another trip into darkness.

Very ncie, so many change ups it's incredible, although all tied together really well, love some of the samples, including the cat (hopefully no animals hurt in the process). Really great overall atmosphere, love the intro and breakdown at the end, really nice. Drums are awsome as usual, and as always you have put your distinct sound into this track.

Great work.

__
www.acidplanet.comAfro
12-02-2006 01:52 Send an Email to thefunke1 Homepage of thefunke1 Search for Posts by thefunke1 Add thefunke1 to your Buddy List
GoogleGoogle is female
Ad Producer

lots of money

Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Nosrac - MURDEROUS RAMPAGE

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH