drumnbass.be forum
Register Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Plugins » Extracting MIDI-Battery 3 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Receive email on new post
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Extracting MIDI-Battery 3
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Digital Cause Digital Cause is a male
Player

Registration Date: 06-07-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

Extracting MIDI-Battery 3 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

hi all.

I am using battery and I want to import rex files which is fine. How do I extract the midi from the recycle file so it will play it back? (battery 3)

thanks a lot !

__
www.myspace.com/digitalcause
www.myspace.com/mysterious1000
03-05-2007 17:42 Send an Email to Digital Cause Search for Posts by Digital Cause Add Digital Cause to your Buddy List
Soi Soi is a male
Super Moderator

images/avatars/avatar-2543.jpg

Registration Date: 29-01-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
15 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.67

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

set looppoints in your sequencer (reason i assume), solo the midi track, export midi, import the rex file in yer battery, and import the midi-file in your seqencer

__
a myspace
my tunes
"I'm not under the alkafluence of inkahol that some thinkle peep I am.
It's just the drunker I sit here the longer I get."
03-05-2007 20:44 Send an Email to Soi Homepage of Soi Search for Posts by Soi Add Soi to your Buddy List
GoogleGoogle is female
Ad Producer

lots of money

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator Go to the top of this page

06-06-2006 06:66 Search for Posts by Google Add Google to your Buddy List Send a Private Message to Google
Digital Cause Digital Cause is a male
Player

Registration Date: 06-07-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

well if i was using reason i wouldnt be using battery with it would i... Im using logic, and i import the rex file into battery, but i cant figure out how to get the midi regions from this.... thanks anyway

__
www.myspace.com/digitalcause
www.myspace.com/mysterious1000
03-05-2007 22:29 Send an Email to Digital Cause Search for Posts by Digital Cause Add Digital Cause to your Buddy List
Soi Soi is a male
Super Moderator

images/avatars/avatar-2543.jpg

Registration Date: 29-01-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
15 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.67

i use reason ànd battery Wink
if you're using logic, i'm sure you can import a midi-file, in this case your rex-file

__
a myspace
my tunes
"I'm not under the alkafluence of inkahol that some thinkle peep I am.
It's just the drunker I sit here the longer I get."
04-05-2007 17:42 Send an Email to Soi Homepage of Soi Search for Posts by Soi Add Soi to your Buddy List
dmurthy

Registration Date: 22-02-2008

Rate Member

using battery 3 with reason 4 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm trying to use battery 3 with reason and am not sure how to do it. I contacted a representative at Native Instruments and they said it was not possible.

Is it possible and how would i do it? Thanks
22-02-2008 01:06 Send an Email to dmurthy Search for Posts by dmurthy Add dmurthy to your Buddy List
Binary Havoc Binary Havoc is a male
Binary Havoc

images/avatars/avatar-2473.jpg

Registration Date: 25-07-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
5 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

RE: using battery 3 with reason 4 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

cant be done

reason doesn't support vst instruments

if you have another DAW (cubase, sonar, nuendo, live etc) that works as a rewire host, you could rewire reason to it and at the same time run NI battery as a vst plug in

__
http://soundcloud.com/binaryhavoc/dropbox

23-02-2008 13:13 Send an Email to Binary Havoc Homepage of Binary Havoc Search for Posts by Binary Havoc Add Binary Havoc to your Buddy List
dmurthy

Registration Date: 22-02-2008

Rate Member

RE: using battery 3 with reason 4 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

2 questions

I was able to successfully rewire reason 4 into ableton 7. Even after reading lots of information about this I'm still unclear as to what would be the functionality of rewiring. Is it if I create a drum beat using the loop player in reason I can then record it into live?

The other question is that I have selected my battery 3 setup folder in live as a vst plugin. Unfotunately, the plugin does not appear in the window. Subsequent scans have not been able to find battery at all. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for your help.
24-02-2008 07:29 Send an Email to dmurthy Search for Posts by dmurthy Add dmurthy to your Buddy List
Binary Havoc Binary Havoc is a male
Binary Havoc

images/avatars/avatar-2473.jpg

Registration Date: 25-07-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
5 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

EZ

So first point, yeah when you press play on ableton, reason sequencer will start and play back any clips / patterns you've created in reason. You would need to route the audio in from reason correctly to be able to hear this. I could walk you thorugh it in cubase / nuendo but don't know Live as well but will look into and get back to you.

Secondly, the battery vst will probably have been installed into something like C/program files/steinberg/vst plugins you are currently looking in the programs set up file. So just navigate to the folder your vst .dll files are located

peace

__
http://soundcloud.com/binaryhavoc/dropbox

24-02-2008 10:43 Send an Email to Binary Havoc Homepage of Binary Havoc Search for Posts by Binary Havoc Add Binary Havoc to your Buddy List
GoogleGoogle is female
Ad Producer

lots of money

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator Go to the top of this page

06-06-2006 06:66 Search for Posts by Google Add Google to your Buddy List Send a Private Message to Google
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Plugins » Extracting MIDI-Battery 3

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH