drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Philthy McNasty - I Can Heal You! (electro/breakbeat)
Go to the bottom of this page Philthy McNasty - I Can Heal You! (electro/breakbeat)
Author
Philthy McNasty Philthy McNasty is a male
Florida DnB Masta!

images/avatars/avatar-2723.jpg

Registration Date: 23-07-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
24 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.00

Please check out my new track 'I Can Heal You! (electro/breakbeat)' and post your comments here!

Little Electro Breakbeat tune Ive been working on. Wanted to know your guys thoughts

__
http://www.myspace.com/philthydubbish
03-04-2011 19:08 Homepage of Philthy McNasty
recon47 recon47 is a male
Recon

images/avatars/avatar-3141.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Mix is all off man!
Everything is sitting on top of each other and fighting for space.
Bring the levels down dude,Bass sounds over distorted and messy.
This track has been pushed too hard either in the seperate tracks or in the limiter at the end.
No offence mate, could be a good tune its in need of some love tho!
03-04-2011 20:25
Florida DnB Masta!

Helpfulness rating: 

I hear what your saying when it drops the vocals, the arp, and gltich synth all fade out....not really sure how to fix that too be honest. Also, I exported it with the volume all the way up, its not overly loud, if set back to normal....i just hadnt listened to it off my headphones yet...preciate the advice tho, you have any tricks how to fix the fade out that happens right at the drop?

__
03-04-2011 20:40 Homepage of Philthy McNasty
recon47 recon47 is a male
Recon

images/avatars/avatar-3141.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Personally i tend to mix out @ -6db overall.
By all means mix into a limiter, that way when you stick one on, nothing jumps out in the mix. Remember to take it off before you bounce out tho!
By mixing @-6db i mean your loudest element in the track i.e Kick/snare and make sure your not pushing hard on the main output.
I mean you got a good thing going on, but everything in there is being pushed too hard.
Less is more and give yourself lots of head room.
Also sidechaining against elements with other stuff(not just kik/snr) helps too.

When all else fails.......Drop all faders to zero and start again, bringing all things up one by one untill they all sit right.

As far as fadeouts go....Reverse a sound to compensate.
03-04-2011 21:29
Florida DnB Masta!

Helpfulness rating: 

Preciate the help man! Seriously! Drummer

__
03-04-2011 23:11 Homepage of Philthy McNasty
shir_pan
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 01-02-2011

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

not easy to review cause its not really my style, some opinion anyway...drums lack some power imo, the main synth sounds far too loud on my system, missin some different elements after the break, buildup sounds good, cheers Wink

__
http://soundcloud.com/shirpan
04-04-2011 14:35
Spectral Pace
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 19-09-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.00

Really like this. Just needs some work in the mixing department. Also make sure you have things compressed as you want them.
06-04-2011 17:57
tunedup
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3355.png

Registration Date: 17-04-2011

good solid intro, like the mix of dreamy vocals and a killer bassline, a traveling tune, breaking to the core. id love to hear the bass go harder and faster, it needs some variation. lett it drop into a rollin hard electro beat, very short so thers plenty of buildup for it. its a good honest traveler tho, i can imagine myself rockin that tune up in the streets of london, on a open roof bus just checkin out life as it pours on by.

__
!$@K 420 24/7
19-04-2011 00:13
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Philthy McNasty - I Can Heal You! (electro/breakbeat)